RVers are a creative bunch of people, but sometimes they still surprise me! I’ve rounded up some of the most creative pool noodle hacks for camping from the Cool RV Stuff Facebook Group. Pool noodles have seemingly been around forever, but now they are used for so much more than simply swimming fun.
Did I miss your amazing pool noodle hack? Drop it in the comments below!
- Put a pool noodle vertically in the RV microwave during transit to stop the glass plate from rattling and/or breaking. This RV pool noodle hack is easy to do and might save you from the hassle of having to find a new microwave plate. Give this pool noodle hack for camping a try next time you hit the road.
- Keep your fridge propped open when your RV is in storage by using a pool noodle. This pool noodle hack for camping will cut down on nasty smells and mold during the off season.
- Place a pool noodle in your shower to keep the door open during the drive. I have heard of more than one RVer who latched their shower door shut only to have it come loose during travel. The result? A shattered shower door. Keeping the door open with a pool noodle means it can’t bang around. Such a simple pool noodle hack that could save you from a lot of hassle.
- Yet another one of the fantastic pool noodle hacks the Cool RV Stuff group member swear by is to lock the contents of your RV fridge in place with a pool noodle (or a tension rod). That way things won’t slide off the shelves and fall out when you open the door after a drive.
- Another pool noodle hack to try is to slightly prop up the head of your bed by putting a few pool noodles underneath. This is espcially helpful if you have reflux when you sleep. Not fun.
- Create a makeshift railing for a kid’s bunk. Place pool noodles stacked up vertically and duct-taped together underneath the fitted sheet to provide a deterrent against rolling out of bed.
- For more pool noodle uses, put pool noodles or pipe insulation to the underside and corners of your RV slide-outs. It is great when you have little ones around who might hit their heads otherwise. It is also excellent if you have outdoor storage compartments under your slides or higher bedroom slides. This pool noodle hack might save yourself from hitting your head square on the edge too.
8. Ditch the table cloth clips and use pool noodles to keep your picnic table tablecloth in place. You also don’t have to worry about splinters on rough edges if you go this route.
9. Cut small rings off the end of your pool noodle and add a slit. Use them to wrap around the bottom of your window shades when driving to stop the rattling. This is a great pool noodle hack for camping that will help your curtains stay quiet.
10. Slit pool noodles and put them over your windshield wipers when parked to decrease sun damage or, in the case of Arizona, actual melting. Some pool noodle uses are not only helpful but downright genius and this is one of those.
11. Keep your boots from folding over by putting part of a pool noodle in them. This is one of those pool noodle uses that doesn’t have to be limited to camping. You could use it at home too. Bye bye floppy boots.
12. Cover any sharp edges you might bump your legs against. We really need to add pool noodles to the corners of our bed. The number of bruises I have gotten walking around the small space…
13. Prevent things (like pet toys) from getting stuck under your slide with this easy pool noodle hack for camping. Pool noodles or pipe insulation under slides on the inside help with this. They also help with draftiness if you are camping in cooler weather.
14. Wedge a small piece under the interior doors to act as a doorstop in your RV. It’s perfect for the times that you swear you’re level but your door doesn’t agree.
15. Another one of the cool pool noodle uses shared in the group is to slide pool noodles over bike handlebars, pedals, the grill of your cool toy, or over anything that might move and bounce scratching whatever is too close to it in your toy hauler.
16. Bend into a half mood to support the corners of your pop-up camping canopy. This can help prevent water from pooling, collapsing your canopy, and ruining your camping trip.
17. Wedge inside cupboards to stop dishes or other stored items from sliding around and breaking while you drive.
18. Store your fishing poles inside pool noodles while RVing to keep them from bending or breaking
19. Use them to prevent a baby gate from marking up your walls if you need to contain kids or fur kids.
20. Stop yourself from walking into your RV awning arms by putting a brightly colored pool noodle on them when extended. Pool noodle uses that prevent bodily harm? Yes please.
21. You can also use a pool noodle or pipe insulation along with heat tape for rv water hoses to prevent freezing in the winter.